Wednesday, April 16, 2008

GOODBYE FUSSINESS HELLO SLEEP


I haven't mentioned this because I didn't want to get jinxed. I don't know if I should knock on wood, cross my fingers, say a chant or say a prayer but last night she slept from 8:30 to 4:00. That's practically all night. For the last week she's been sleeping longer and longer at night and the evening fussies has been reduced to about an hour. I'm not quite sure what we did to start this pattern but I'm not complaining. I read the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and one thing it stated was that at week six your baby should be sleeping more and be less fussy at night. Wow! It's like someone switched on a light, or off in this case. This all started about a week ago and pretty much happened one evening and has continued. I haven't really tried any of the techniques in the book ,except watching for the signs of sleepiness, but maybe subconsciously I am. Who knows, but the book has been dead on so far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that too when we were transitioning Max from our room to the crib! It's a great book! I remember wishing I had read it earlier..that was a HARD time, lol.

Anonymous said...

6 weeks is magic. Things just get a little easier. (Not EASY, just easIER!)

Joni said...

all night by 6 weeks?!? consider yourself extremely lucky! i can't wait to see her!!!!