Monday, August 4, 2008

95% DONE




We're really close to being done with the deck. We have one set of steps we still need to do. We need to pour a concrete base for that and it's so hot and nasty we're gonna wait till it cools off. So in the mean time I've been staining the deck early in the morning on the weekends. I've been starting at 6:15. The sun is barely up and the temperature isn't to bad. As you can see from the pic I've got the railing done and I'm working on the lattice along the bottom. Of course we still need to add the lattice along the rest of the bottom. We may not get the pergola stained this summer. It's made of pressure treated lumber and technically you're supposed to wait 6 months before staining so it can dry out. That would mean we could stain it in December. So it may look a little odd and I'm sure our neighbors will wonder why we didn't finish.

No comments: