Saturday, October 11, 2008

GOTTA BANANA!


Here is Violet's Halloween costume made from Simplicity pattern 3594. The pattern is actually for a toddler so I had to do some altering of the pattern to fit an infant. It is pretty much exactly as you see in the pattern picture. Of course after I finished it I saw a picture of one of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz and wanted to kick myself for not having thought of making her a flying monkey. How awesome that would have been. DANG IT!!!! DANG IT!!! DANG IT!!! But she goes along with my circus obsession. To bad I can't put her on my shelf with my other circus toys.

4 comments:

Joni said...

all you'd have to do is add wings! that is GREAT!

Kim and Neil said...

Soooo cute!! I wish I had made another costume for Niko. He's still too much of a handfull for me to get near a sewing machine right now! Are you going to add the wings?

robyn fabsits said...

No, I think I'll leave it as it is. The flying monkeys are actually a blue/purple color and their vest are redish. I'd have to start completely over to get it really right.

Laura said...

omg - LOVE IT!