Friday, December 18, 2009

READY FOR COOKIN'


We finished the stove and sink last night. We are thrilled at how it turned out. Neither one of us are wood workers by any means and to have put this together ourselves feels really good. We hit a few snags along the way but nothing major. We have enough MDF left that we may make a small fridge. Maybe for her birthday. It would be nice extra storage. I'm afraid all the food and stuff I've made and bought isn't all going to fit in the stove.

Decided on three shelves instead of the original four.

Found this rack at Lowes. Thought it would be great as added storage. We also added a rack in the oven along with a push light.

The only thing left to do is paint a V in the circle on the back splash.

We stayed almost exact to the original sketch I did about 3 months ago.

3 comments:

Grandma F said...

It really looks great. She's one lucky little girl. I'm sure she's going to be very happy come Christmas morning. However, what happened to the clock?

robyn fabsits said...

Couldn't find what I was looking for. I also thought about buying the clock parts at Michaels but the battery mechanism would've stuck out to far in the back and I really want the unit to sit up against the wall with out any big gap.

An Apel a Day said...

Looks like fun!