Monday, April 5, 2010

SUMMER CLOTHES




I made a total of five of these tunics. Simplicity pattern 4203. Same pattern as Easter dress.




This one is my favorite. They also look better without a shirt on underneath. Violet calls this her 'happy to you' shirt. She really means to say 'happy birthday to you' and I'm guessing she associates icecream with birthdays. Funny.

I cleaned out my closets about a month ago and was bagging up some old clothes to donate when I decided to save some stuff and repurpose it. This was originally an old dress of mine that I turned into a skirt for Violet. I made the lining a little longer so it would hang lower than the printed material. Added some white ric-rac and a bow.

This was a last minute dress. I found this material and had to have it. I used McCalls pattern 5836.

I think I'm done sewing summer outfits for Violet. I still have a a yard or two of some more fabric but think I'll wait to use it.

1 comment:

Amy TY said...

So cute--I love them all! Robyn, you are so talented. I think it's so neat that Violet has clothes her mother handmade that she can keep for years to come.