Sunday, June 6, 2010

TEEPEE


I finished this tent for Violet about a week and a half ago. I used outdoor canvas material that comes on the 60" bolt. The material is supposed to be fade and mildew resistant. I don't plan on it getting wet but it's nice to know it won't fade. The 6 poles are 1"pvc pipes. They are 7" tall. The tent itself is 5ft tall. The pipes are held together with nylon rope.

I decided to put windows in it so it wouldn't get stuffy inside. There are two windows that have a roll down shade.

I didn't use a pattern. I looked on line at lots of tutorials on how to construct one and didn't find exactly what I was looking for so I kind of made it up as I went. I took elements from a lot of the ones I saw online. I put the pvc pipes together, spread out each leg with even spacing between, and used that measurement to cut my triangles. Total cost of materials $65.

No comments: