Thursday, December 16, 2010

SANTA SUIT


Chris will be dressing as Santa on Christmas eve. We'll put Violet to bed then get her up in about an hour. I finally finished the suit. Still need to decide if I want to add a belt too. I need to either go buy a large belt or buy some vinyl and make one. I also need to make a large toy sack.


Found some cheap black mens rain boots and added the fur trim. I made the trim removable so that the boots can be worn whenever.

The wigs not too bad. I need to comb it out a bit more. I found the key to combing wigs and doll hair is a metal brush.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Take lots of pictures. I definitely want to see Chris dressed as Santa. Also, see the expression on Violet's face when she sees him.

Unknown said...

Cool idea. Your daughter is going to have some amazing memories of childhood. Also, if you spritz the wig or doll hair with water before brushing with the metal bush it will help prevent the frizzing and breaking even more -- something I learned at the American Girl store.

robyn fabsits said...

Good tip w/ the water. The brush works wonders. For Violet's bday she's getting a Madame Alexander 18" doll and I bought a metal brush for it. Last night after messing w/ the wig I decided I bet the brush would work great on it and it did.

Unknown said...

Amazing job on this costume! I would suggest the belt and DEFINITELY take pictures of the big event!! oooo I'm excited!!