Sunday, January 23, 2011

WONKINESS FIXED...KINDA


So the box is together after much frustration. After getting everything all glued and nailed together when I put the two sides together corners were not lining up properly. It's not because I measured or cut wrong it's because our saw does not cut a true 90 degree angle. I've had this problem before. The saw isn't exactly high end and is fine for stuff like building a fence or deck but when it comes to making something that needs to be pretty accurate it stinks. So after much fussing, wood filler and sanding I got things looking pretty good. I know I put the hinges on before I painted it but in order to make sure everything was lining up right I needed to add them. I'll take the front latches off before I paint it but I'm leaving the piano hinge on. Which by the way, why make a 24" hinge if no hardware store is going to carry them. Had to go with two 12" hinges. The next size is 30".What? Next up, painting and wallpapering the inside. I'll be using leftover wallpaper from Aunt Karen's old room. Dad saved all the extra wallpaper.

2 comments:

Kim and Neil said...

So when are you going to let Violet play with that Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies in that picture? >:)

Mom said...

Probably time for a new saw, something for finer work.