Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A FRESH COAT


I spent all day Saturday and Sunday on a ladder painting. I managed to get the living room and kitchen all painted. I took these pics with my phone last night. The downstairs area is the last area in the entire house that still had the yucky builders grade flat paint. We've avoided it because of having to paint the foyer area which is two stories high. We're still trying to figure out how we're going to do this. We'd rather not have to rent scaffolding. We chose the same yellow ochre color but it's so much brighter and cleaner looking. The old yellow actually looks greenish and dirty (you can see it in the photo). From the foyer into part of the kitchen we'll be adding a chair rail and molding and painting white below it. This is why that 36" area is left unpainted.
It's nice to have painted walls we can actually wipe with a wet rag without paint rubbing off.
I'll be painting the hallway upstairs next before we tackle the foyer.

No comments: