Thursday, April 21, 2011

EASTER PARTY TIME


Today was party day at school. Most of the kids wore their frilly Easter dresses and fancy shoes. I'm not big on Violet wearing fancy shoes or a fancy dress to school. They run around outside twice a day and I know what her tennis shoes look like after she's been playing on the mulch filled playground.
So I tried on the cotton dress I made last August and it finally fit. She wore leggings and her pink converse and looked super cute. I made her a matching headband a while ago too. I added the pink buttons to her sweater.
So she wasn't overly frilly like the other girls, but she never is really, and she still looked very springy.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad to see my old patterns are getting another use. Actually, If I'm not mistaken, that pattern originally belonged to your grandmother. I think she may have made a dress or two out of that for Beth Ann. And, check out the price on the pattern, 60 cents. That alone tells me I wasn't the one who originally bought it for you children. By the time I started sewing for you and Karen they were over a dollar.