Monday, May 16, 2011

TABLE IS COMPLETE


This is were I go when I've had a bad day.
My table is complete and I LOVE it! It's counter high. I do most of my work standing, I even sew standing. It is much bigger than my old table. It measures 38" high, 38"wide, and 56" long.

I can now hide my trash can too. The Closetmaid canvas baskets fit on the shelves.

Here's the original from Pottery Barn. I think we did a pretty good job getting it to look like the original. This one cost $1100. Mine cost $200.

The top has three layers of polyurethane. Nice and shiny.
I plan on getting a stool for the other side of the table so Violet can sit at the table and do projects too.
I did a little rearranging and organizing too. I moved the bookshelf in front of the stairs and my cabinet to the window wall. I'm rethinking that space too. I'd like to make something for my serger to sit on rather than that old desk.

2 comments:

Amy said...

robyn! i am drooling! so jealous! this is beautiful. & so nice that you & violet can be crafty together. love it. what is that paint color on the walls?

robyn fabsits said...

Oh thanks. I am super lucky to have a space like this. When we had our house built 5 yrs ago it was important to us to find a model w/ a full basement so we could turn it into our studio spaces.
The paint is Valspar from Lowes. Not sure of the name. It's kind of a minty color but a bit more blueish.