Friday, April 26, 2013

KINDERGARTEN ROUND UP

A safari themed Kindergarten round up was last night. We got to see one of the three Kindergarten classrooms and met the teachers, the principal and saw the rest of the school.. As excited as Violet has been about the subject Kindergarten, she was not last night. When asked questions you could barely hear her talk. Most people had to ask her to repeat herself because they could not hear her. It also didn't help that she constantly had her hands in her mouth, one of her nervous habits. While in the Kindergarten classroom the teachers would call over each child and have them sit at the table, draw a picture and talk to them. I literally had to pry Violet's hands off me she would not let go and she she turned to me about ready to cry. I fear the first day of Kindergarten may be a rough one. However give her two weeks and I think she'll have warmed up just fine. She'll know five other Kindergarten kids and I hope at least one of them is in her class. It also helps that we know and play with all the other elementary school kids on her street so she'll see kids she knows.

No comments: