Monday, June 21, 2010

AMAZING!



We spent most of the morning yesterday drawing. Violet prefers markers over crayons right now. These are the first darwings from her that look like more than scribbles. I'm amazed at these. The top drawings are school buses. She loves school buses. She's drawn these before on her Magna Doodle and I'm glad I got a drawing now that I can keep.
The second drawing is of people. I tried to really simplify them for her by showing her as few steps as possible. A circle and two lines. I'd draw one then she'd draw one. We must have filled up 5 to 6 pages of people. She came home a couple weeks ago drawing circles and squares and I was impressed. She's now taking those shapes and turning them into pictures. Awesome and she's not even 2 1/2!

4 comments:

Laura said...

WOW!! That is awesome! Wonder where she got that talent, LOL!

BTW - I was cleaning my basement this weekend and found a sweatshirt you made for me, I think it was senoir year. I was laughing my booty off.

Grandma F said...

Glad to see that she's got the talent, too. It would be a shame if she didn't.

Chris Grine said...

I was afraid we may cancel each other out! HA.

An Apel a Day said...

I think she draws better then Mica who is almost 5. He has no interest in drawing and hardly picks art at preschool. He likes to paint though.

He very into anything that he can build such as train tracks, legos and blocks. He has something crazy built for me all the time.