Monday, January 17, 2011

BIG GIRL BED


The weekend before last Violet's BIG girl bed arrived and I also finished working on all the bedding and decor. I bought the pink comforter and pillow shams in a Full, in order to get the two pillow shams, and then cut the comforter down to a Twin size. The left over material from that I used to make the two small longer pillows on the end of the bed. Last spring I purchased 4 yards of the bird material and used every bit of it.

Made the wall hangings out of different size embroidery hoops and used the fabric.

Fuzzy pom-poms!!

Bought these bird cages at Hobby Lobby last summer and painted them to match the room. I still haven't decided if I want to hang them or not.
I'd still like to make a green shaped bird pillow for the bed or chair and a stuffed bird on a stand.

I found this plastic cuckoo clock last summer but decided it looked tooo small hanging on the wall by itself so I bought a plaque to hang it on. I spray painted it pink then used that Martha Stewart glitter I like so much and glued it all over it. It looks much better now.

1 comment:

Grandma F said...

Love how the room looks. It's not too toddler looking and will grow with her as she gets older. I'm sure she loves her new digs.

Did you move the bookcase to the other side of the window?