Sunday, February 13, 2011

A LITTLE UPDATING


Since getting new counter tops this past summer I've wanted to repaint the island. I was tired of looking at a giant white box for five years. Time for a change.

I bought some moulding and added it to the front. A bit more dimension and not so flat looking anymore.

I could have left it white, but...

...decided to paint it a gray that goes well with the stainless steel appliances. This pic doesn't show the right color.

This pic is more true to the color.

Now we're all jazzed about starting some other painting projects we've been putting off. Probably because I love the smell of new paint. Mmmmm....paint fumes. Next up is repainting the entire first floor. It still has the original builders grade paint. We'll be repainting the same color but in a satin finish. We'll also be adding a chair rail.

No comments: