Wednesday, August 14, 2013

FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN

The morning started out pretty good.Apparently she wants to be a Ballerina Gymnast when she grows up. Two things we've never signed her up for. :D
 
 
We went to our annual pancake breakfast down the street.
 
 
This is were things started to unravel. She didn't want to eat and we didn't really push her to much.
 
This years Kindergarteners.
 
All the grade school kids on our street.
 
For two years she's talked about getting to ride Mr. Matt's Mizzou bus. This morning she did not want to get on. We did not ride the bus with her. We met the bus up at the school.
 
Getting off the bus in front of school.
Trying to be brave and smile.
  
This is when it all went down hill. The little girl next to her was getting a little upset which in turn made Violet upset.  I nudged to Chris to get going because the teacher was trying to get parents out the door. Chris gave her a hug and she just cried and cried. I quickly kissed her on the forehead and left the room. Violet was so glued to Chris that he and the teacher had a hard time prying her off. Her teacher told us to go to the office to let them know the situation and they brought out a counselor to notify her. 
We then went to an informal Kindergarten meeting for parents in the library. Afterwards we had a little discussion with the counselor about Violet plus the fact that her world is going to change again in about 6 weeks. So now they are aware of our home situation.
What makes me upset is having her being the only child in the classroom balling. I just don't want her to be singled out as the weak one.
I'll get pictures this afternoon of her getting off the regular bus and of her getting on the bus tomorrow morning. Hope all goes more smoothly tomorrow morning.


First Day of School Poem
I wonder what you're doing right now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows,
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something they can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about us,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my hand a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting my baby go.
                       -unknown




2 comments:

Grandma F said...

The poem brought tears to my eyes. I know how you and Chris are feeling. I went through it three times and it never got any easier. I'm sure once she gets used to the new setting she will settle in and enjoy herself. It's just going to be a rough couple of days. Hopefully by next Monday she will be more than happy to board that school bus and head off to school.

You were very shy when you started Kindergarten, but we didn't have any tears. Just throwing up. Don't know if you remember that. Although I don't think it had anything to do with the kids, I think it was the teacher. She wasn't very nice. Hopefully Violet has a compassionate teacher who will ease her into the classroom setting.

An Apel a Day said...

It will get better and better each day. Isaak was pretty worried to. He's been to that school for 2 years dropping and picking Mica up. Violet's the newbie. It will take some time getting used to things. My parent's had a horrible time with me. My Dad was on the phone with me for 30 min. trying to talk me into going.